Re: leftover mail lists

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: leftover mail lists
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Selena Deckelmann escribió:

> > What concerns me now, however, is that this round of fixes has made me
> > aware of certain lists that look leftovers:
> >
> > WARNING: description not found for list bapug
>
> bapug is:
> Please create a mailing list for the Buenos Aires, Venezuela PUG
> List: bapug@postgresql.org
> Owner: Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com>

Okay, I created bapug pointing to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  In the
unlikely case that Buenos Aires has migrated to Venezuela lately, be
sure to let me know ;-)

> > WARNING: description not found for list vepug
>
> Santiago may know something about vepug -- Santiago?

Should I create it with name "Venezuela"?

I just noticed that I caused a regression :-(  In the new page, the
lists are shown by name, for example see in
http://archives.postgresql.org/bwpug/2008-08/index.php (old version)
   * Atlanta   * Austin   * Baltimore/DC   * Los Angeles   * Ohio   * Oklahoma   * Portland   * Seattle   * San
Francisco  * Suncoast   * Sydney   * Toronto   * United Kingdom

whereas in http://archives.postgresql.org/atlpug/ (new version) we have
   *  atlpug   * austinpug   * bapug   * bostonpug   * bwpug   * lapug   * ohiopug   * okpug   * pdxpug   * seapug   *
sfpug  * spug   * sydpug   * torontopug   * ukpug

The previous version was using the Description field (or a transcription
thereof), but for all other lists it can be a long text.

Should we add a "short description" column to the database?