Обсуждение: leftover mail lists

leftover mail lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Hi,

I spent some hours this weekend reworking the archives.pg.org code.
It's now closer to pure PHP, template-based and driven off text files
that derive from the database contents.

This means that as soon as you create a list in the database, it should
show up in the various menus.  There are still some places that have
hardcoded stuff, like the monthly indexes.

What concerns me now, however, is that this round of fixes has made me
aware of certain lists that look leftovers:

WARNING: description not found for list bapug
WARNING: description not found for list norpug
WARNING: description not found for list pgsql-hackers-pitr
WARNING: description not found for list phillypug
WARNING: description not found for list vepug

I'm wondering what to do about those.  Should we delete them?  Add them
to the "inactive lists" group?

The four PUG lists have had almost no traffic at all, and have existed
for months.  Of course, one could argue that the fact that they are not
listed in the site means that the prospective subscribers do not know
they even exist ...

Re: leftover mail lists

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> This means that as soon as you create a list in the database, it should
> show up in the various menus.  There are still some places that have
> hardcoded stuff, like the monthly indexes.

Thank you, Alvaro! This is very helpful.

> What concerns me now, however, is that this round of fixes has made me
> aware of certain lists that look leftovers:
>
> WARNING: description not found for list bapug

bapug is:
Please create a mailing list for the Buenos Aires, Venezuela PUG