Re: Install another version on different directory and port (CentOS, Redhat)

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Re: Install another version on different directory and port (CentOS, Redhat)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 06:23:10PM +0900, Eko Prasetiyo wrote:

> Now i have pgsql 8.0 server installed on CentOS Linux (Redhat).
> How to install pqsql 8.2 on different directory and port ?
> In Windows we can easily do it.

Just download the source and use for example
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql82 --with-pgport=8200
make
make install

Of course, you could also take the src.rpm, install that and modify the
SPEC file accordingly (rename package to postgresql82, change
installation directory etc.), but that would be more effort, though
cleaner.

HTH,

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de