Re: How do i compare 2 postgresql instanses ?

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: How do i compare 2 postgresql instanses ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Tuesday 08 July 2008 15:42:28 ο/η Potluri Srikanth έγραψε:

>  How do i compare 2 postgresql instanses ?
>  1) compare all objects including data in tables a) production box b)
> DR site ?
>  can you help me with the query, through which i can get all the
> object of each schema/database ?
>  Regards,
>  Srikanth k Potluri

you could write a little program (awk) to produce an sql file of the form:
select count(*) from airlines;
select count(*) from airports;
select count(*) from airticket;
select count(*) from airticketflights;
select count(*) from zzzobjects;

and then run it against the two databases, and diff the outputs.
If the outputs are not identical then you have 2 different databases,
otherwise you have to search more to know the answer.
So this technique can prove that yours DBs are *not* identical, but does not say anything
about the opposite.

--
Achilleas Mantzios