Re: [Postgresql 8.2.3] autovacuum starting up even after disabling ?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [Postgresql 8.2.3] autovacuum starting up even after disabling ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 04 July 2008 7:51 am, Dushyanth wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Iam using PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on RHEL4 (Linux 2.6.20.3-custom #4 SMP x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux).
>
> I have autovacuum tunrned off in the config, but it still seems to start up
> once everyday. What could be the cause of this ?
>
> TIA
> Dushyanth

From the docs:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

autovacuum (boolean)

    Controls whether the server should run the autovacuum launcher daemon.
This is on by default; however, track_counts must also be turned on for
autovacuum to work. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf
file or on the server command line.

-->    Note that even when this parameter is disabled, the system will launch
autovacuum processes if necessary to prevent transaction ID wraparound. See
Section 23.1.3 for more information.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net