Re: SAST FATAL: could not access private key file "server.key"

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: SAST FATAL: could not access private key file "server.key"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> When starting Postgres I get the following:
>

> root@Admin:/home/it# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.2 start
>  * Starting PostgreSQL 8.2 database server
>           * The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the
> log output:
> 2008-07-01 13:37:39 SAST FATAL:  could not access private key file
> "server.key": Permission denied
>
> What is the "server key"?
>
> And how do I make it accessible?

This covers your question:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/ssl-tcp.html

I would guess that your key file is owned by root and only readable by
root and that PostgreSQL is running as the postgres user and thus can't
read the file.  But that's just speculation.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com