Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Тема: Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  ("Nikhil G. Daddikar", )
 Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  (Andreas Kretschmer, )
 Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  ("Scott Marlowe", )
  Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  (Cédric Villemain, )
 Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  ("Francisco Reyes", )
   Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning  ("Mark Wong", )

Nikhil G. Daddikar <> schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have been searching on the net on how to tune and monitor performance
> of my postgresql server but not met with success. A lot of information
> is vague and most often then not the answer is "it depends". Can anyone
> of you refer me a nice guide or tutorial on this?

Depends ;-)

You can log queries with an execution time more than N milliseconds via
log_min_duration. You can analyse the log with tools like pgfouine. And
you can analyse such queries with EXPLAIN ANALYSE.

But, i don't know your current problem, that's why my answer are a little
bit vague...

Andreas