Re: Message-ID should surely not be shown as a mailto: URL

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Message-ID should surely not be shown as a mailto: URL
Дата
Re: Message-ID should surely not be shown as a mailto: URL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 02:30:55AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Hm, I wonder if sloppiness of this sort accounts for the remarkable
> prevalence in my mail logs of spam-sign like this:
>
> Jun  9 00:44:06 sss2 sm-mta[4062]: m594i5Ns004062: <19570.1142971720@sss.pgh.pa.us>... User unknown

Good bet.

> I don't pretend to know what is the approved way to deal with these
> issues, but *this* can't be best practice.

Obviously, someone is looking for something that _looks_ like a mail
address, attempting to munge it, and on the way through, changing it
to a mailto: link.  I think some parsing of the RFC2821/2822 headers
is needed first, so that one doesn't do this for things like the
message id.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104