Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?
Дата
Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:10 -0400, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>

> > I think a single link to training in a spot of its very own would
> > provide a bit more visibility than being cluttered with some text
> > and a link.  Perhaps we can have some list of the number of events
> > as well?  Want training (22 events coming up!)?
>

> One option would be to remove events, news, training, and planet
> listings and instead have larger and nicer representation for direct
> links:
>
> Find a User group!
> Get Training!
> Latest News!
> Our community Blogs!
>
> Each of those would be direct links respectively. This would
> significantly reduce the noise on the page.

Or we just remove the frontpage completely? ;-)

IMHO this would significantly reduce the value of the information
there. If anything should be removed, it's IMHO the shortcuts and
"support us" sections. Second to that is training. All the others are
IMHO much more important than the usergroup listings (which doesn't say
that the usergroup listings aren't important, of course).

I'm sure a lot could be done to reduce the clutter-factor though, but I
think most of that can be solved by applying a better layout for
things. (No, I'm not volunteering to do that, because I suck at that
kind of work :-P)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: