listing training courses by language ?

От damien clochard
Тема listing training courses by language ?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
hi everyone,

http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive

Looking at the training list in the main web site, a few questions come to my
mind :

1/ is it possible to specify in the header the language of the training ?
i see that most of them are in English, but some are in different language.
This information seems almost as important as the location and the date.

2/ is it possible to write the training description in its "original" tongue ?
For instance, i see no point announcing a french training and presenting it
with an  English description. This is rather confusing. At least that would
be great to have the ability the describe the training both in English and
the original language.

3/ is it possible the sort the training by languages ? Maybe just creating
sub-categories in the "training" section. My understanding is that when
people search for a training, they're searching in very specific language (
which is most of the time their mother tongue ) . If they don't find any
training in their mother tongue, then they'll search in another language. So
i think sorting training by language would be better ...

Here's a bit of my own experience : Dalibo has announced some french
PostgreSQL trainings on this page in the past... But we found it was rather
useless because the announce was in English and surrounded by other English
trainings. Very few people would see the announce and understand it was in
french.

I don't know if what i propose is easy to implement or if it's worth the
time.... But in a general way, i think the language information should be
more explicit on this page.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com