Re: column: on update update?

От CZUCZY Gergely
Тема Re: column: on update update?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:49:03 +0200
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@it-management.at> wrote:

> > the other option is to add an after update trigger, and manually set
> > lastupdate then.
>
> Would that be correct? I never did it and looked purely into docs:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION awlupdate()
>     AS 'UPDATE awl SET lastupdate=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;'
>     LANGUAGE SQL;
>
> CREATE TRIGGER awlupdate AFTER UPDATE ON awl FOR EACH ROW
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE awlupdate();

I'd prefer this version:
CREATE FUNCTION awlupdate RETURNS TRIGGER AS '
BEGIN
  NEW.lastupdate = now();
  RETURN NEW;
END' LANGUAGE plpgsql;
CREATE TRIGGER... the same.

But both methods are fine. The only thing is, the function must return TRIGGER
AFAIK.

--
Üdvölettel,

Czuczy Gergely
Harmless Digital Bt
mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu
Tel: +36-30-9702963

Вложения

От: bryan castillo
Сообщение: How do I view the parameters of a running query?