column: on update update?

От Michael Monnerie
Тема column: on update update?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, I fear this is a beginners question but I'm no SQL guru and couldn't
find it out of the documentation.

For SpamAssassin, I have a table "awl" (auto white list), and there
should be one field "lastupdate". I added it like this:
ALTER TABLE awl add column lastupdate timestamp default now();

But I also need the "lastupdate" be updated every time a field in that
row is updated, so a statement like this:

ALTER TABLE awl add column lastupdate2 timestamp default now() on update
set now();

But it doesn't work. Do I need a trigger? If yes, what would be the
format? I never did triggers.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения