Re: statement timeout vs dump/restore

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: statement timeout vs dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 05 May 2008 09:01:25 Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >> database prior to

> >> text mode

> >> database in

> >> I think "yes" for all three.  There was some handwaving about someone
> >> maybe not wanting it, but an utter lack of convincing use-cases; so
> >> I see no point in going to the effort of providing a switch.

ISTR being unconvinced by the pg_restore arguments, but as I think about it
some more, for someone to set statement_timeout on a production system, and
then have that be blindly overridden by any random pg_dump user seems a bit
unfair.  pg_dump is not only used as a backup tool, it is also used as a
general user tool (for example, pgadmin calls pg_dump if you want to see a
tables schema). imho pg_dump should not set it by default, but have an option
to set it, specifically for the backup scenario.

--
Robert Treat