Re: Custom C function - is palloc broken?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Custom C function - is palloc broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan "Heron" Myers wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>  > Can you send me a complete, compileable example that illustrates
>  > the problem, along with instructions on how to reproduce it? If
>  > possible, send a compiled binary and any dependencies too. I'm
>  > curious to see if this is in fact shared library issues.
>
> I'll send you a .zip file separately with the actual code, but here
> are the steps I took:
>
> - Install Postgres 8.3.1
> - Install MinGW 5.1.4
> - Install the gettext snapshot from MinGW's downloads page under
> "snapshots"

This may be your problem. We have previously seen a lot of issues with
different versions of gettext on Windows. They do a lot of things
in ways that "you are not supposed to on Windows"...

Could you try a build without NLS?

> I read somewhere on Postgres' website that the win32 binaries were
> built with MinGW - and in fact they must be, since MSVC++ does not
> have some of the unix headers needed to build Postgres.

No, as of 8.3 they are build with MSVC.

//Magnus