Re: [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW

От: Alvaro Herrera
Тема: Re: [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-docs

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: [HACKERS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [HACKERS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: [HACKERS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Andrew Dunstan, )
   Re: [HACKERS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: [HACKERS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Martin Edlman wrote:

> |> I don't want to rewrite whole trigger to plPerl as I would have to use
> |> DBD-PgSPI.
> |
> | Huh?  Certainly not -- there are functions in PL/Perl for this.  See
> | spi_exec_query in
> | http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/plperl-database.html
>
> Oh, I see. I have read the doc "...can be done via the function
> spi_exec_query described below, or via an experimental module
> DBD::PgSPI...", but missed the "OR" and thought that DBD::PgSPI is
> mandatory.

Yeah, that's a bit confusing.  I don't know why we have a mention of
DBD::PgSPI on the plperl manual at all.  Is there anything it can do
that can't be done with PL/Perl native calls?

Question for plperl hackers:  Should we remove the mention of DBD::PgSPI
from the PL/Perl manual?

В списке pgsql-docs по дате сообщения: