Re: New email list for emergency communications

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: New email list for emergency communications
Дата
Re: New email list for emergency communications  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>)
Список pgsql-www
On Tuesday 25 March 2008 13:44, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:51:19 -0300 Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > - --On Monday, March 24, 2008 15:04:39 -0400 Bruce Momjian
> > <bruce@momjian.us>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > When email was down this past week, I had no idea if the problem was
> > > known and who was working on it.
> >
> > Trust in the fact that by the time you would notice a problem, we're
> > already working on fixing it ... Stefan has everything monitored
> > automatically, which sends out auto-notices to 'those that can fix it'
> > ... by the time you would notice it, we're already deep into fixing it
>
> So i think the problem is not that you (sysadmin team) already know.
> The problem is that the others does not know that you know.
>
> Try to communicate that you are working on a specific problem. One
> possible solution: a status page, was already mentioned earlier.

I have a couple of thoughts wrt this. AUIU we're using nagios, it should be
possible to set up sysadmins and bruce with nagios accounts so we can login
and view the pretty colors that explain what is up or down.

Second, as I think about it, I think the only member of our sysadmin team who
has ops on IRC is Joshua. Perhaps we should see about having a number of us
get ops so we can post notices there. It won't reach everyone, but would hit
a large % of people, and the network is completly seperate in all ways from
the postgresql.org infrastructure.

--
Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: