Re: why provide cross type arithmetic operators

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: why provide cross type arithmetic operators
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Added to TODO:
> > * Add more cross-data-type operators
> >   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-01/msg00189.php
>
> Uh ... that is exactly 180 degrees away from the point of the thread.

OK, I see now, updated:

    * Simplify integer cross-data-type operators

Email text is:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-01/msg00199.php

    So it seems that the problem with cross-type operators is not so much
    having them as having incomplete sets of them.  We could fix this case
    either by adding int2 + int8 or by removing int4 + int8, and simplicity
    would seem to argue for the latter.