Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)  (mx <mx.cogito@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
mx escribió:

> In my opinion,  we  have to change Access Method and some part of Storage
> Managers greatly. Is it too hard for a beginner to serve as a GSoC project?

It's like 3 orders of magnitude more work than I'd expect a Postgres
newbie to be able to finish in a summer.

Сообщение: Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)