Re: New email list for emergency communications

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: New email list for emergency communications
Дата
Re: New email list for emergency communications
Список pgsql-www

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:17:02 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> [ BCC to core.]
>
> Right now we have no way to communicate as a group if our community
> email infrastructure isn't working.

Yes there is.

jabber.postgresql.org
irc.freenode.net
direct email

Not to mention how many other services people are using with buddy
lists? :P

> Therefore, I have created an email list on my machine that can be used
> for communication in such situations.  It is called:
>
>     pgsql-emergency@momjian.us
>
> I envision this as an email list that will allow more rapid recovery
> during email outages.  I know many use IRC in such cases but this
> allows notification.  Also some don't use IRC.

Everyone in the know uses one of:

gtalk
yahoo
irc
jabber

> If you want to be subscribed, please email me privately.  I think it
> is particularly important for infrastructure managers to be
> subscribed to this list.

I would like the requirements defined by the -www and sysadmins teams.
I don't want us to go off and create yet more infrastructure without
full documentation and understanding of the purpose and whether it is
redundant.

This list is currently redundant as we have the resources and
technology already in place to deal with this. I think you are
attacking the wrong problem Bruce.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- --