Re: unsubscribes (wasRe: Time to get infrastructure team-based)

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: unsubscribes (wasRe: Time to get infrastructure team-based)
Дата
Re: unsubscribes (wasRe: Time to get infrastructure team-based)
Список pgsql-www
Hello,

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:32:49 -0300 (ADT) Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > Oh, and for
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-02/msg00219.php i'm still
> > waiting for an answer. I just got word, that i was not the only one with
> > this problem.
>
> Sorry, thought i had responded to this one ... It's already well discussed
> on the -core list

I don't read -core, as most of the other concerned don't do.
And it was just one example which happened to me, more often i see other
people writing about mailing list problems on IRC.

> built up a list of 'no such user' and 'delivery refused' addresses

I remember that the hub.org DNS had some problems in the past (invalid
or not working reverse, if i remember correctly) which caused rejects
on my mail server for mail from hub.org mail server.
Just don't wanted to add this one too in my previous mail.

> to clean off the lists of dead accounts

A good mailing list software can take care about this problem for you, i
don't know, if majordomo has such an option. If not, that feature would
be on my wishlist for next christmas.

> sorry :(

Accepted. As long as i know the reason, it's ok.

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: