Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.3.1, 8.2.7 Update Release

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.3.1, 8.2.7 Update Release
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Josh,

> Then let's make it a open, no subscribe list. It wouldn't behave any
> differently than it does now but would allow us to service the
> announcement review etc...

Absolutely not.  Requests made to press@ are often semi-confidential;
companies don't want to share their requests about export certification
with Google, and reporters *definitely* don't want to share their story
ideas with their collegues!

I'm really confused on why you're trying to turn a confidential,
quick-response alias into a public mailing list, when you'd just force us
to create another alias.

It sounds like -slaves is the way to go.  Anyone have any other ideas?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun