Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Peter if this was a concern for you, I wish you would have brought it
> up sooner... We have:
>
> pgsql-fr-generale
> pgsql-ru-general
> pgsql-tr-genel
> pgsql-eu-general
> pgsql-it-generale
>
> and now we are requesting pgsql-us-general.
>
> So either they are all mistakes, or?

The language-coded lists are catch-alls for PostgreSQL-related things in that
language.  That is presumably because there is not enough traffic to have
more specifically themed lists.  Therefore, the naming is appropriate.  The
mission of pgsql-eu-general is unclear to me at this point, so I cannot
comment.

The proposed purpose of pgsql-us-general is, however, not a catch-all list for
discussions about PostgreSQL in the USA.  I was told that it is specifically
intended for matters of the USPA.  A more accurate mailing list title would
be to everyone's benefit, so you don't get useless and off-topic traffic.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association
Сообщение: Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association