Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > You wrote:
> >  > >  Why are you not using your own domain postgresql.us for this?
> >  >
> >  > We're joining the pgsql-eu group in this same mailing list space.
> >
> >  Well, first of all, the pgsql-eu-general list is, as just discussed, not
> >  actually related to any "group".
>
> That's not what I read from Dave Page, or from participating in the
> pgsql-eu-general list.

Well, I could obviously be wrong, because I can't read what was in people's
minds when they set up certain structures, but when someone sets up a
pgsql-foo-general list, then it certainly seems to be a list for anything
related to "foo", rather than a PostgreSQL user group in the "foo" region.

The fact that most of the early discussion about "anything" in the "eu" region
was about forming a user group should not be seen as evidence that the
pgsql-eu-general list is specifically and exclusively for EU user group
affairs now.  What would we do if anyone really wanted a list for general EU
things?

> > And secondly, the European group is just
> >  two weeks old, and we are going to have more groups popping up now, it's
> > the right time to think about the issue in general.
>
> Yeah, we're going to start having namespace collisions :)
>
> We already discussed the classification, and I thought everyone came
> to a consensus in that thread about Regional/User
> Group/User/Developer.
>
> See Alvaro and Marc's work on updating Majordomo categories.

Well, pgsql-eu-general is still listed as a regional list, which I was under
the impression was its intent, but if it is a user group list now, it should
be moved, and aliased to something more descriptive.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association
Сообщение: Re: mailing lists for US PostgreSQL Association