Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Let's move the TODO list to the wiki.
>
> > We need it to do a few things:
>
> >     o  We need to be able to pull a text and HTML copies for tarballs
>
> Why?  Even if we think the TODO list needs to appear in tarballs (which
> is hardly a given if you ask me), why the heck does it have to be in two
> formats?  AFAIK the only reason we bother with an HTML version is to
> have something to put on the website, and this proposal supersedes that
> aspect of things.  ISTM a plain-text copy would be plenty.

Fine with me.

> Personally I think it would be just fine if we had only the wiki copy
> and forgot about shipping it in tarballs.

The problem with not shipping the TODO file at all is that TODO gives
users a list of all known bugs/missing features in that major release.
The current web version very soon doesn't match the major release they
are running, and I am unsure we want to have historical links for every
major release.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)
Сообщение: Re: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)