Re: Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At 09:20 AM 2/12/2008, pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:56:33 -0500
>From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>To: ncode@gmx.com
>Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)
>
>ncode@gmx.com writes:
> > Now, what do I have to do in order to generate a valid UUID (or the
> 5 different versions as implemented by the RFC) under Windows?
>
>Figure out how to build ossp-uuid on Windows ...
>
>                         regards, tom lane

You can review this thread too. MS provides native WinAPI tools and
language wrappers for this job:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=553194

Here's the specific API call, which could possibly be wrapped inside PG
- however that raises the problem Tom notes about "boatloads of
platform specific code" -- I'd guess that a custom written stored
procedure is the way to go? Not sure how to make WinAPI calls from PG -
perhaps someone on list has experience or references for that:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rpc/rpc/uuidcreate.asp

HTH,

Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: