Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)

От Sven Sporer
Тема Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> > I think Windows has its own UUID generator, so the best bet would be to
> > make that work.
>
> Only if it can be made to present the same SQL-level API as we have for
> OSSP.  Otherwise we'll be faced with boatloads of platform-dependent
> client code ...

I'm just curious, but why aren't those features included in the Windows version in order to prevent platform-dependent
developmentin that direction? The same Postgres version now essentially provides different features depending on the
platform.

I understand now that you just want to provide the facilities for UUID handling (datatype). You have to agree that a
functionto create a v4 UUID based on a randomly generated number (see MySQL: UUID()) would be useful though.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: