Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

От Michael Monnerie
Тема Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I let Hans' full e-mail quoted here because it's absolutely true: It's
the best documentation available, and that's why we always preferred
PostgreSQL over that other - ehrm - "database" MySQL. And of course
because it's really a DB ;-)

And yes, I'd love even more docu for EXPLAIN, and howto optimize the DB
in general. Can there ever be enough detail? Those who don't understand
it don't have to read it.

mfg zmi

On Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 Hans Guijt wrote:
> On the subject of documentation I'd like to say this: I find
> PostgreSQL's documentation to be truly excellent (both in
> accessibility and depth), and it is one of the main reasons why we
> use PostgreSQL in our projects (the quality of the software itself is
> of course the other reason).
>
> I certainly wouldn't mind explanations of 'internal' features on a
> user level; as others have stated, this may be helpful in
> understanding the output of EXPLAIN, as a means of building better
> databases, or even just because we are interested but not quite so
> much that we want to read source code. And I agree with earlier
> posters that, now that HOT has been pushed as a great new feature, it
> should be properly explained.
>
> People who complain about the PostgreSQL documentation need to wake
> up: the documentation of PostgreSQL is one of the best, if not the
> best, I've ever seen for an open source project, and other projects
> should take it as a shining example of how things should be done.

// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения