Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:11:31PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> > On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 05:57:31PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> We have no user-facing documentation on TOAST, either, which would seem
> >> to me to be at least as much of a candidate for people to custom-design
> >> their databases around.  In practice I don't think anyone does.
>
> > Uh... http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/storage-toast.html
>
> That's developer documentation, buried in the "internals" volume.

Which any serious user will find and read.

One of the things that drew me to Postgres years ago was that I could
actually read about how it works in a clear, concise manner.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?