Re: exporting postgre data

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: exporting postgre data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:02:41 -0500
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> > > From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
> > > [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of User
> > > Map Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 10:18 AM
> > > To: pgsql
> > > Subject: [GENERAL] exporting postgre data
> > >

> > > is it posible to transfer data from postgres of one computer to
> > > the postgres in another computer. In SQL server this is easily
> > > done by the export utility of the sql server.
> > >

> > But how do you backup only a single table or transfer only a
> > signle table.
>
> MSSQL has a fancy GUI "wizard".

bcp does not provide the full set of goodiness but it works on the
command line. I don't think it is suited for backup... just for
exporting.

It doesn't make too much sense working on the command line on Windows
(unless you work with monad and such... but still) since the shell is
quite limited up to my knowledge. But *nix guys may feel more
comfortable with bcp.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it