advocacy: drupal and PostgreSQL

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема advocacy: drupal and PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: advocacy: drupal and PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Among Drupal developer there is such kind of discussion over and over
recently:

http://drupal4hu.com/node/64

I'd be too PostgreSQL biased to comment further... my point of view
is not too different from the one expressed by Steve Rude at the
bottom of the page.

Furthermore I think that developing in such a MySQLish centric way
will make MUCH harder to support any other DB not only PostgreSQL and
freedom of choice is very important to me.

I'd ask to all the people actually using drupal with PostgreSQL to
vote here:

http://groups.drupal.org/node/6164

and maybe add some comment if they use Drupal in some interesting way.

If any developer is also interested in helping the project move
further with better PostgreSQL support I think it will be welcome by
most drupal community.

Here are the open issues related to PostgreSQL:
http://groups.drupal.org/node/6980

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo