Re: Postgresql Materialized views

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:30:53AM -0600, Roberts, Jon wrote:
> > My point is that you should be able to query _table and the system
> > should automatically use the view, without you saying so (except by
> > initially creating them).
> >
> I agree!  From a BI perspective, a materialized view is worthless if you
> have to re-write your query.  There isn't a tool on the market that is smart
> enough to rewrite a query to a view because all other databases handle the
> rewriting internally.

I don't know about worthless, given that people are doing materialised
views on postgres already. It is however a completely orthoginal
problem. Someone needs to write the code to maintain such a view before
you can even think about working on the planner.

However, step 1 would be to get them onto the TODO list.

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Materialized views