Re: pg_dumpall --exclude

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dumpall --exclude
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Richard Ray wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Richard Ray wrote:
> >> I've inherited an application that creates a temp schema and stores
> >> a table for each user there.
> >> The data is temporary and does not need to be backed up.
> >> I run pg_dumpall each night.
> >> I can't just delete the tables because users may be working during the
> >> backup.
> >> Any suggestion on how to exclude the temp schema?
> >
> > You don't say what version of Postgres you are using but 8.2 added this
> > feature:
>
> sorry bout that, 8.2.5
>

> >     * Allow complex selection of objects to be included or excluded by
> >       pg_dump (Greg Sabino Mullane) pg_dump now supports multiple -n
> >       (schema) and -t (table) options, and adds -N and -T options to
> >       exclude objects.  Also, the arguments of these switches can now be
> >       wild-card expressions rather than single object names, for example
> >       -t 'foo*', and a schema can be part of a -t or -T switch, for
> >       example -t schema1.table1.
>
> I use pg_dumpall to get all changes to the server including users, groups,
> etc.
> If I use pg_dump what might the command look like that would accomplish
> the same as pg_dumpall

I am afraid you are going to have to use pg_dumpall --globals-only and
then loop each database running pg_dump with the flags you need.

The -t/-n flags were not added to pg_dumpall on the assumption that you
wouldn't be including/exclusing the same schemas/tables on every
database, so you have to do it per-database.