Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need

От Hervé Piedvache
Тема Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

Le mercredi 09 janvier 2008, Tom Lane a écrit :
> =?utf-8?q?Herv=C3=A9_Piedvache?= <bill.footcow@gmail.com> writes:
> > When I have a lot of connexions (persistante connexions from 6 web
> > apache/php serveurs using PDO, about 110 process on each web servers) on
> > the server, or long request, it's difficult for me to know when it's
> > appening, the kernel seems to kill my postgresql process then the server
> > become completly instable, and most of the time need a reboot ...
>
> Turn off memory overcommit.

My sysctl.conf file looks like this :
kernel.shmmax= 941604096
kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 400
fs.file-max=655360
vm.overcommit_memory=2
vm.overcommit_ratio=30

> > max_connections = 2048
>
> Have you considered using a connection pooler in front of a smaller
> number of backends?

Which system do you recommand for this ?

> If you really need that many backends, it'd likely be a good idea to
> reduce max_files_per_process to perhaps 100 or so.  If you manage
> to run the kernel out of filetable slots, all sorts of userland stuff
> is going to get very unhappy.

I'll try this ...

regards,
--
Hervé

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need
От: Hervé Piedvache
Сообщение: Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need