Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need
Дата
Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need  (Hervé Piedvache <herve@elma.fr>)
Список pgsql-general
=?utf-8?q?Herv=C3=A9_Piedvache?= <bill.footcow@gmail.com> writes:
> When I have a lot of connexions (persistante connexions from 6 web apache/php
> serveurs using PDO, about 110 process on each web servers) on the server, or
> long request, it's difficult for me to know when it's appening, the kernel
> seems to kill my postgresql process then the server become completly
> instable, and most of the time need a reboot ...

Turn off memory overcommit.

> max_connections = 2048

Have you considered using a connection pooler in front of a smaller
number of backends?

If you really need that many backends, it'd likely be a good idea to
reduce max_files_per_process to perhaps 100 or so.  If you manage
to run the kernel out of filetable slots, all sorts of userland stuff
is going to get very unhappy.

Сообщение: Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need
Сообщение: Re: Kernel kills postgres process - help need