Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)
Дата
Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Please give the packagers and other people one more week break
> > > between two releases. We all had a busy weekend.
> >
> > We have thousands of people waiting for the 8.3 release.  It seems odd
> > to hold up 8.3 because the packagers are too busy.  Perhaps we need
> > more packagers or release the source and have the binary packages
> > ready later.
>
> Perhaps we need to allow the release candidate to percolate and be
> tested a bit before we rush to release. If I recall, it is release when
> it is done not release because lots of people are waiting for it.

Right, but you are mixing source code not ready with packagers not
ready.  They are two different things.

I am not saying we are ready to release but if we determine the source
code is ready I would like to avoid more delay because the packagers
aren't ready.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com