Re: Memory on 32bit machine

От mljv@planwerk6.de
Тема Re: Memory on 32bit machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Montag, 7. Januar 2008 12:56 schrieb Florian Weimer:
> > Or would you rather vote for 64bit because there are no problems
> > anymore and postgresql runs fine on 64bit debian.
>
> We haven't run into any trouble with iptables on Debian etch, running
> on amd64 hardware.  But we use only fairly standard iptables
> functionality.

ok, thanks for this information. It was sarge when i used iptables with 64bit
kernel and it even failed to start up.so i'll might give 64bit another try.

Are there any other recommendations whether to use 64bit or 32bit OS with
postgresql? I just want to use 64bit if it as stable as 32bit.

kind regards,
janning