Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> writes:

> > or can we please improve the error message here -- or is it a bug?
>
> It's not a bug.  However, the specific error message only comes out in
> interactive-SET cases:
>
>         if (source >= PGC_S_INTERACTIVE)
>             ereport(ERROR,
>                     (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
>                      errmsg("cannot enable \"log_statement_stats\" when "
>                             "\"log_parser_stats\", \"log_planner_stats\", "
>                             "or \"log_executor_stats\" is true")));
>
> There are a bunch of other GUC assign hooks that behave similarly.
> Perhaps it'd be sensible to emit these complaints as LOG messages
> when we're dealing with a noninteractive source (ie, the config file)?

I was wondering whether we could make this error message (and
equivalent ones) be the FATAL one that prevents the server from
starting.

Сообщение: Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on
Сообщение: Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on