Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> There are a bunch of other GUC assign hooks that behave similarly.
>> Perhaps it'd be sensible to emit these complaints as LOG messages
>> when we're dealing with a noninteractive source (ie, the config file)?

> I was wondering whether we could make this error message (and
> equivalent ones) be the FATAL one that prevents the server from
> starting.

There is some good reason, which I don't recall at the moment, why
assign-hooks (and most of the rest of GUC) shouldn't FATAL in the
middle of processing a config file.  However a LOG seems relatively
harmless, and better than not emitting anything.

Сообщение: Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on
Сообщение: Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on