autovacuum running even when not set in config?

От Douglas Birdzell
Тема autovacuum running even when not set in config?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Recently we noticed this autovacuum process running on one of our db
servers, which is running pg 8.2.3.

2273 ?        Ds     0:00 postgres: autovacuum process fy2006outcomesdb4091

Autovacuum is off in this machine's config.  I verified that by
connecting via psql and running 'show autovacuum'.  Also,
pg_autovacuum on this machine has no rows.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior?  Is it normal for autovacuuming
to start up once in a while even when the configuration does not call
for autovacuuming?

Thanks,

Douglas Birdzell
Senior Software Developer