Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Simon Riggs escribió:

> Sorry to come in on late on this: That wording is better, but it still
> doesn't explain why it has occurred or what the user should do about it.
> I think we will get other complaints saying "why has my autovacuum been
> canceled?" and "what should I do about this?".
>
> Perhaps it should be
> "canceling autovacuum task; will reschedule when user tasks complete"
> or
> "autovacuum canceled temporarily to allow user task to proceed"
>
> or something that explains that what has happened is a good thing and
> the task that has been canceled will be automatically re-tried.

Perhaps the added phrase could be put in a errdetail() or something like
that.  The problem is detecting that this is really the case.  How would
it know that it wasn't user-inflicted?

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"Las navajas y los monos deben estar siempre distantes"   (Germán Poo)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request