Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 11:33 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane escribió:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> > > I don't advocate changing that ERROR to anything else.  The message
> > > wording, as Tom says, can easily be changed -- I think this patch should
> > > be enough.  Feel free to propose better wording.
> >
> > Minor gripe: all three variants of the message should follow the same
> > sentence construction.  So perhaps "canceling autovacuum task".
>
> Ok, committed using that wording and spelling.

Sorry to come in on late on this: That wording is better, but it still
doesn't explain why it has occurred or what the user should do about it.
I think we will get other complaints saying "why has my autovacuum been
canceled?" and "what should I do about this?".

Perhaps it should be
"canceling autovacuum task; will reschedule when user tasks complete"
or
"autovacuum canceled temporarily to allow user task to proceed"

or something that explains that what has happened is a good thing and
the task that has been canceled will be automatically re-tried.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request