Re: Time to update list of contributors

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Time to update list of contributors
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sunday 02 December 2007 14:05, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> At 1:27p -0500 on 01 Dec 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > First off, I wasn't suggesting that we take people off the list of
> > contributors if they're not on "my" list.  For one thing, I don't think
> > we should take people off until they haven't contributed in a few years
> > (the time should vary with the size of the original contribution, with
> > big contributors eventually going on the "former contributor" list).
> > Second, the list I made does not include drivers, GUIs, replication, and
> > other "essential add-ons" which we've conventionally included with the
> > list of contribs.
>
> If I might chime it, it sounds like you're saying "if code they've
> written is still around and in use, then they should be counted as
> contributors."  May be that won't exactly work because of "active" and
> "inactive" contributors, but this information is basically an annotized
> diff is, isn't it?

We don't really label as active or inactive, but rather contributors and past
contributors, which in the past was diferentiatied as being an active
community member (or not).  A good example is Chris Kings-Lynne. He did the
work for drop column, which is code that will likely be around forever, but
he started his own consulting business (http://kkl.com.au/) and no longer
focuses on PostgreSQL development (and does not particpate in the mailing
lists); so he is on the "past contributor" list.

--
Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: