FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Дата
Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hello all,

if you don't know yet: our request for a devroom together with the
BSD guys was accepted this week. Thanks to Daniel Seuffert for
submitting the request. We also got a table for a stand, which we
should fill with some flyers, info material, a bit merchandising stuff
and some people behind the table for answering all the questions.

We have to submit a program for the talks, we have so far:
(i took the first/best fitting talk from everyone)

Simon Riggs:
- "PostgreSQL High Availability"

Josh Berkus:
- "A Few of My Favorite 8.3 Features"

Gabriele Bartolini:
- "ht://Miner and PostgreSQL"

David Fetter:
- "Postgres: A Babel of PLs"

Oleg Bartunov:
- Full text search

Guido Barosio:
- Comparing MySQL and PostgreSQL
(is this still up to date?)

Stefan Kaltenbrunner:
- A talk about the PostgreSQL Infrastructure

Magnus Hagander:
- Something about the MSVC port ;-)

Susanne Ebrecht:
- Encoding issues

Bruce Momjian:
- ???

Federico Campoli:
- ???

We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.

What else:

- social event: the usual FOSDEM social event is overcrowd. We plan to
search a bar for our own event on friday evening.

- flyers: we need some (thousands).

- booth: who can help answering questions on saturday and/or sunday?

- merchandising stuff: i will bring along some elephants and mugs.
I thought about 20-30 elephants plus one or two 60 cm elephants i might
have until next year ;-) I also should have mugs, some stickers and i
have some shirts from Italy. What else do we need and/or can bring to
Brussels?

- live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away live
CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.

- Invitations for european PostgreSQL users and companies using
PostgreSQL??

- And last but not least: election of EU board!

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group