Обсуждение: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
Hello all,

if you don't know yet: our request for a devroom together with the
BSD guys was accepted this week. Thanks to Daniel Seuffert for
submitting the request. We also got a table for a stand, which we
should fill with some flyers, info material, a bit merchandising stuff
and some people behind the table for answering all the questions.

We have to submit a program for the talks, we have so far:
(i took the first/best fitting talk from everyone)

Simon Riggs:
- "PostgreSQL High Availability"

Josh Berkus:
- "A Few of My Favorite 8.3 Features"

Gabriele Bartolini:
- "ht://Miner and PostgreSQL"

David Fetter:
- "Postgres: A Babel of PLs"

Oleg Bartunov:
- Full text search

Guido Barosio:
- Comparing MySQL and PostgreSQL
(is this still up to date?)

Stefan Kaltenbrunner:
- A talk about the PostgreSQL Infrastructure

Magnus Hagander:
- Something about the MSVC port ;-)

Susanne Ebrecht:
- Encoding issues

Bruce Momjian:
- ???

Federico Campoli:
- ???

We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.

What else:

- social event: the usual FOSDEM social event is overcrowd. We plan to
search a bar for our own event on friday evening.

- flyers: we need some (thousands).

- booth: who can help answering questions on saturday and/or sunday?

- merchandising stuff: i will bring along some elephants and mugs.
I thought about 20-30 elephants plus one or two 60 cm elephants i might
have until next year ;-) I also should have mugs, some stickers and i
have some shirts from Italy. What else do we need and/or can bring to
Brussels?

- live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away live
CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.

- Invitations for european PostgreSQL users and companies using
PostgreSQL??

- And last but not least: election of EU board!

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:56, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> - live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away live
> CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.

The newest version of pg_live will be ready shortly after 8.3 is officially
out.

I would appreciate any guidance to creating a version specific to your needs
for FOSDEM 2008 i.e. documentation, locale and language specific stuff etc.

Robert

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:07:33PM -0500, Robert Bernier wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:56, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> > - live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away
> > live CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.
>
> The newest version of pg_live will be ready shortly after 8.3 is
> officially out.
>
> I would appreciate any guidance to creating a version specific to
> your needs for FOSDEM 2008 i.e. documentation, locale and language
> specific stuff etc.

Is there a public site and SCM for the pg_live project?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Thursday 29 November 2007 13:15, David Fetter wrote:
> Is there a public site and SCM for the pg_live project?

The current site is hosted by the New York City BSD user's group,
http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101, but it will move to a new site once I've upload the 8.3
version.

Robert

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:27:40PM -0500, Robert Bernier wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 13:15, David Fetter wrote:
> > Is there a public site and SCM for the pg_live project?
>
> The current site is hosted by the New York City BSD user's group,
> http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101, but it will
> move to a new site once I've upload the 8.3 version.

Where is the SCM for the project, and where do you plan to move it?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
On Thursday 29 November 2007 14:29, David Fetter wrote:
> Where is the SCM for the project,

The source code management (SCM)?

There are docs on pg_live explaining the steps to create a development
environment to generate your own live CD, Unfortunately, there's nothing in
the way of a script or wizard that generates a development environment
instantly (nobody's ever asked before). My own development environment, for
example, is between 4-5GB large but that's including the iso plus copies of
the OS image in a file device.

Does that help answer your question?

> and where do you plan to move it?

I've made tentative arrangements to host it on a site associated with
carracing.com. I'll be able to provide more information after 8.3 comes out
of its current cycle of development and I've generated the ISO.

cheers

Robert

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
I am also available from The Netherlands.
If there is anyway that I can be of help
please let me know.

Gevik Babakhani

PostgreSQL NL       http://www.postgresql.nl
TrueSoftware BV     http://www.truesoftware.nl

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Robert Bernier wrote:

> I've made tentative arrangements to host it on a site associated with
> carracing.com. I'll be able to provide more information after 8.3 comes out
> of its current cycle of development and I've generated the ISO.

Why aren't we create an pgfoundry project? pglivecd? So we could provide
it in [1] and in all of the our mirrors.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/projects/pgFoundry/

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
On Thursday 29 November 2007 21:35, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> > I've made tentative arrangements to host it on a site associated with
> > carracing.com. I'll be able to provide more information after 8.3 comes out
> > of its current cycle of development and I've generated the ISO.
> >
> Why aren't we create an pgfoundry project? pglivecd? So we could provide
> it in [1] and in all of the our mirrors.

I've never tried. The ISO is almost 700mb in size. Is pgfoundry the right place for something this large?

Robert

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> I've never tried. The ISO is almost 700mb in size. Is pgfoundry the right
> place for something this large?

No, 'cause pgfoundry uses HTTP upload.  We'd need to have some other way to
upload & download the files.  Marc?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:26:59AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I've never tried. The ISO is almost 700mb in size. Is pgfoundry
> > the right place for something this large?
>
> No, 'cause pgfoundry uses HTTP upload.  We'd need to have some other
> way to upload & download the files.  Marc?

The standard way to distribute large files is Bittorrent, and I
believe Magnus knows the most about this :)

However, wouldn't there be some fairly short script which would let
someone construct their own LiveCD?

While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
unopened.

Am I the only one who sees this behavior?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
On Nov 30, 2007 10:58 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
> think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
> shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
> unopened.
>
> Am I the only one who sees this behavior?

While I'm sure tossing out the goodies happens, I have heard directly
from four people that they used it, and it prompted them to look into
PostgreSQL further.

It might be fun to offer copy the ISO to a USB drive at the booth.
Keeps people hanging out, and helps eliminate waste :)

But for now, I think we should continue to create and distribute the
physical CDs.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
On Friday 30 November 2007 13:58, David Fetter wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:26:59AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > I've never tried. The ISO is almost 700mb in size. Is pgfoundry
> > > the right place for something this large?
> >
> > No, 'cause pgfoundry uses HTTP upload.  We'd need to have some other
> > way to upload & download the files.  Marc?
>
> The standard way to distribute large files is Bittorrent, and I
> believe Magnus knows the most about this :)

I remember when Marc put the first version of pg_live on bit-torrent. Back
then I had used damn small linux to keep it small i.e. 235mb. The thing about
bit-torrent is that it would still require pg_live to have at least one
active connection which means a server would need to run it. Where would it
reside?

> However, wouldn't there be some fairly short script which would let
> someone construct their own LiveCD?

I woul need to create the following 3 scripts:
-  script one
   - copy an existing xubuntu ISO to the developer's hard-drive
   - initialize a development environment for this ISO
   - ensure the proper packages on the developer machine are present (which
      distro?)
- script two
   - to edit / remove / add the base packages for a default pg_live ISO
- script three
   - compile and copy postgres on the developer's default OS over to pg_live
     which incorporates all the necesary libaries for the various procedural
     languages that pg_live uses.

Finally, I would need to automate the process of adding pg_live specific
documentation.

As you can see, creating the necesary script is a major undertaking. But
you're right, if this existed it would sure make life easier for all parties
concerned.

> While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
> think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
> shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
> unopened.

I sure hope you're not seeing this happen with the CD. I pour my heart into
making an ISO from scratch :-(
(but not so bad when I'm just upgrading postgres).

regards

Robert

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
David Fetter wrote:

> However, wouldn't there be some fairly short script which would let
> someone construct their own LiveCD?

I would appreciate it. :) Don't forget a mini-HOWTO too...

> While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
> think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
> shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
> unopened.

Looking at the PostgreSQL perspective, the Live.*Ds is useful to show
some configuration or feature (at booth, talk, ...). I tend to agree
that few people asks for some pglivecd at conferences. However, it's
extremely important as booth's material.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:23:32 -0500
Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > > No, 'cause pgfoundry uses HTTP upload.  We'd need to have some
> > > other way to upload & download the files.  Marc?

I am sure we could arrange for ftp access for this to go under
the /binary tree. That way it is actively mirrored all over the world.

Joshua d. Drake

> > The standard way to distribute large files is Bittorrent, and I
> > believe Magnus knows the most about this :)
>
> I remember when Marc put the first version of pg_live on bit-torrent.
> Back then I had used damn small linux to keep it small i.e. 235mb.
> The thing about bit-torrent is that it would still require pg_live to
> have at least one active connection which means a server would need
> to run it. Where would it reside?
>
> > However, wouldn't there be some fairly short script which would let
> > someone construct their own LiveCD?
>
> I woul need to create the following 3 scripts:
> -  script one
>    - copy an existing xubuntu ISO to the developer's hard-drive
>    - initialize a development environment for this ISO
>    - ensure the proper packages on the developer machine are present
> (which distro?)
> - script two
>    - to edit / remove / add the base packages for a default pg_live
> ISO
> - script three
>    - compile and copy postgres on the developer's default OS over to
> pg_live which incorporates all the necesary libaries for the various
> procedural languages that pg_live uses.
>
> Finally, I would need to automate the process of adding pg_live
> specific documentation.
>
> As you can see, creating the necesary script is a major undertaking.
> But you're right, if this existed it would sure make life easier for
> all parties concerned.
>
> > While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
> > think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
> > shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them
> > out unopened.
>
> I sure hope you're not seeing this happen with the CD. I pour my
> heart into making an ISO from scratch :-(
> (but not so bad when I'm just upgrading postgres).
>

> regards
>
> Robert
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: explain analyze is your
> friend

Вложения

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:11:34 -0800
"Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:

> It might be fun to offer copy the ISO to a USB drive at the booth.
> Keeps people hanging out, and helps eliminate waste :)
>
> But for now, I think we should continue to create and distribute the
> physical CDs.

The CDs are a low cost way to generate discussion. If we print a 1000
and 10 people actually become users because of it, it is worth it.

Joshua D. Drake

> -selena

Вложения

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:11:34 -0800
> "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It might be fun to offer copy the ISO to a USB drive at the booth.
> > Keeps people hanging out, and helps eliminate waste :)
> >
> > But for now, I think we should continue to create and distribute the
> > physical CDs.
>
> The CDs are a low cost way to generate discussion. If we print a 1000
> and 10 people actually become users because of it, it is worth it.

Environmentally it is extremely irresponsible, but hey, I guess you are
all used to that.

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"There was no reply" (Kernel Traffic)

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:28:28 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > The CDs are a low cost way to generate discussion. If we print a
> > 1000 and 10 people actually become users because of it, it is worth
> > it.
>
> Environmentally it is extremely irresponsible, but hey, I guess you
> are all used to that.

You have to pick your battles. I compost, recycle, grown most of my own
vegetables during season and wear only non man made material (no
polyester here buddy)...

Nobody's perfect, everything in moderation.

I would also note that is not *one* thing environmentally responsible
about our entire industry from lead in monitors, to the pervasive use
of plastics.

Joshua D. Drake

Вложения

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> > While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
> > think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
> > shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
> > unopened.

In general, we try to give away the CDs to people whom we've *talked* to,
although we can't stop a certain number of "grabby anns".  I'd actually
expect, at least at OSCON and LWE, that we probably get 10%-20% of people
at least putting the CDs in their machine.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Gregory Stark
Дата:
"Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> writes:

> We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
> talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.

Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do a
MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic debate
or something with 30s per side back and forth...

It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would end
up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does"). But I'm
sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open Source can do
openly in good humour that proprietary software does with malice behind closed
doors.

--
  Gregory Stark

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Saturday 01 December 2007 05:59, Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> writes:
> > We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
> > talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.
>
> Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do
> a MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic
> debate or something with 30s per side back and forth...
>
> It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would
> end up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does").
> But I'm sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open
> Source can do openly in good humour that proprietary software does with
> malice behind closed doors.

AIUI,  Susanne Ebrecht will be there, does she count? :-)

--
Robert Treat

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:42:57 -0500 Robert Treat wrote:

> On Saturday 01 December 2007 05:59, Gregory Stark wrote:
> >
> > Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do
> > a MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic
> > debate or something with 30s per side back and forth...
> >
> > It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would
> > end up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does").
> > But I'm sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open
> > Source can do openly in good humour that proprietary software does with
> > malice behind closed doors.
>
> AIUI,  Susanne Ebrecht will be there, does she count? :-)

No ;-)

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 22:55 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:42:57 -0500 Robert Treat wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 01 December 2007 05:59, Gregory Stark wrote:
> > >
> > > Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do
> > > a MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic
> > > debate or something with 30s per side back and forth...
> > >
> > > It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would
> > > end up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does").
> > > But I'm sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open
> > > Source can do openly in good humour that proprietary software does with
> > > malice behind closed doors.
> >
> > AIUI,  Susanne Ebrecht will be there, does she count? :-)
>
> No ;-)

Why not? She could do both sides of the shootout.. ;-)

//Magnus

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:12:28 +0100 Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 22:55 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:42:57 -0500 Robert Treat wrote:
> >
> > > AIUI,  Susanne Ebrecht will be there, does she count? :-)
> >
> > No ;-)
>
> Why not? She could do both sides of the shootout.. ;-)

That's the problem i see. And it would make a good picture,
at least for us ;-)

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
Hello,

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:07:33 -0500 Robert Bernier wrote:

> On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:56, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> > - live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away live
> > CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.
>
> The newest version of pg_live will be ready shortly after 8.3 is officially
> out.

Sounds good, but since 8.3 will be released in 2008, we have a small
timing problem. I will not be online from end of january until mid of
february, can anybody from EU take over here and manage to get CDs as
give-away? The time i'm coming back from holidays until FOSDEM is too
short to get things on the way.

> I would appreciate any guidance to creating a version specific to your needs
> for FOSDEM 2008 i.e. documentation, locale and language specific stuff etc.

There are no special needs (as far as i can see this) for FOSDEM, i
only would recommend a actual PG version. Since 8.3 should be available
at this time and a lot of talks are about 8.3, we also should have a
live CD with 8.3 available.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
Sorry for the delay on my answer guys, I've lost this thread as my
inbox becomes gigasized :)

I will be presenting (if everyone agrees) a SWOT analysis comparing
MySQL and PostgreSQL. I've already done this three times at
universities here in Argentina and went smoothly without problems.

What I couldn't find is the schedule, I will be at mexico during
january and probably the US during febraury. Any ideas?

Regards,
Guido.

--
Guido Barosio
-----------------------

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
Hello,

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:04:43 -0300 Guido Barosio wrote:

> What I couldn't find is the schedule, I will be at mexico during
> january and probably the US during febraury. Any ideas?

FOSDEM is end of february, you can find more information at:

http://fosdem.org/2008/
http://fosdem.org/2008/schedule/devrooms
https://www.bsdwiki.de/FOSDEM_2008

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
 (Ferenc Mantfeld)

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
Yeap thanks, I will be there.

I'll try to book a ticket ASAP, any hostel / hotel recomendation?

Andreas, I will transalate the docs and fwd them to you, in case of need.

Cheers,
gb.-

On Dec 24, 2007 12:30 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:04:43 -0300 Guido Barosio wrote:
>
> > What I couldn't find is the schedule, I will be at mexico during
> > january and probably the US during febraury. Any ideas?
>
> FOSDEM is end of february, you can find more information at:
>
> http://fosdem.org/2008/
> http://fosdem.org/2008/schedule/devrooms
> https://www.bsdwiki.de/FOSDEM_2008
>

> Kind regards
>
> --
>                                 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
> Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.
>  (Ferenc Mantfeld)

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:35:10 -0300 Guido Barosio wrote:

> I'll try to book a ticket ASAP, any hostel / hotel recomendation?

There's another thread, started by me, about hotel in Brussels. Just
check this one out.

> Andreas, I will transalate the docs and fwd them to you, in case of need.

Which docs, about your talk? That would be fine.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Hi,

Can some please enlighten me? I'm planning to attend FOSDEM 2008. Is
it too late?  (registration and accommodation etc.)  I'm new to attend
conferences held in Europe.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:35:10 -0300 Guido Barosio wrote:
>
> > I'll try to book a ticket ASAP, any hostel / hotel recomendation?
>
> There's another thread, started by me, about hotel in Brussels. Just
> check this one out.
>

> > Andreas, I will transalate the docs and fwd them to you, in case of need.
>
> Which docs, about your talk? That would be fine.
>

> Kind regards
>
> --
>                 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
> German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 schrieb Tatsuo Ishii:
> Can some please enlighten me? I'm planning to attend FOSDEM 2008. Is
> it too late?  (registration and accommodation etc.)  I'm new to attend
> conferences held in Europe.

There is no registration, it is free and open.  You just show up and walk in.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:59:15PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can some please enlighten me? I'm planning to attend FOSDEM 2008. Is
> it too late?  (registration and accommodation etc.)  I'm new to attend
> conferences held in Europe.

Registration is open. If you don't have a hotel room booked, talk to
Andreas (ads), he has a group reservation going. But I think you need to do
that right away, since he has to give them the final count any day now.

//Magnus

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
Hello all,

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:56:42 +0100 Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:59:15PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >
> > Can some please enlighten me? I'm planning to attend FOSDEM 2008. Is
> > it too late?  (registration and accommodation etc.)  I'm new to attend
> > conferences held in Europe.
>
> Registration is open. If you don't have a hotel room booked, talk to
> Andreas (ads), he has a group reservation going. But I think you need to do
> that right away, since he has to give them the final count any day now.

yes, one or two rooms are still available. But i need to know right
now, cause i will send the confirmation today.

Look at:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-12/msg01294.php
for more information.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Hello all,
>
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:56:42 +0100 Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:59:15PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > >
> > > Can some please enlighten me? I'm planning to attend FOSDEM 2008. Is
> > > it too late?  (registration and accommodation etc.)  I'm new to attend
> > > conferences held in Europe.
> >
> > Registration is open. If you don't have a hotel room booked, talk to
> > Andreas (ads), he has a group reservation going. But I think you need to do
> > that right away, since he has to give them the final count any day now.
>
> yes, one or two rooms are still available. But i need to know right
> now, cause i will send the confirmation today.
>
> Look at:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-12/msg01294.php
> for more information.

Please reserve one room if available.