Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Дата
Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-www
Marc,

> Magnus' desire is taht all @postgresql.org would have to go *through*
> mail.postgresql.org, not through some third party smtp server, whether
> it is my desktop here, or authsmtp.com ...

Not practical.  When I'm on the road (about 150 days a year) hotels and
cafe wireless often block port 25 and 143.  So I absolutely have to use a
relay or I can't send mail at all.  Also, I don't know how many of the
regional contacts might have MUAs or local networks which don't support
direct SMTP.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus