Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today
Дата
Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> There has been some discussion of making a project policy of dropping
> support for old releases after five years.  Should we consider formally
> instituting that?

The community consensus I recall was three versions only.  Anything beyond
that would be up to the vendors.

Mind you, I don't know what EDB guarentees but the Sun folks could end up
patching everything back to 8.1 for the next 5 years depending on customer
demand.  So I think 5 years will be a reality for us for the conceivable
future.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus