Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> There has been some discussion of making a project policy of dropping
>> support for old releases after five years.  Should we consider formally
>> instituting that?

> The community consensus I recall was three versions only.  Anything beyond
> that would be up to the vendors.

Yeah, but some of us are also the vendors ;-).  I still figure that if
I have to maintain branch X for Red Hat, I might as well put those fixes
in the community CVS.  I should think that Sun, EDB, et al would also
find it expedient to not need to maintain private patch sets.  So it
seems to me that the "vendor" EOL horizons are legitimate to consider
while deciding what the "community" wants to support.