Re: RPATH issue with libpq on Solaris 8 (gcc)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RPATH issue with libpq on Solaris 8 (gcc)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Samstag, 3. November 2007 schrieb Tom Lane:
> > That also seems to have the positive effect of getting libpq.so to find
> > the shared objects that it depends on.  So is the fact that I need to
> > edit src/Makefile.global after I run configure mean that I found a bug?
> > ;-)
>
> Seems more like a feature request: there should be a way to override
> rpathdir from a configure switch.  We already have an enable-rpath
> switch, but it's just a boolean.  Maybe allow
>     configure --enable-rpath=PATH
> ?

Well, the rpath option affects the rpath to our own libraries.  To find the
system libraries, the environment variable LD_RUN_PATH can be used.
Otherwise you'd have to convince every software product in existence to add
the appropriate configuration options.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Database size with large objects
Сообщение: Re: Database size with large objects