Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture
Дата
Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture  ("José Luis Rivero (yoswink)"<yoswink@gentoo.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Tom Lane [2007-11-03 14:27 -0400]:
> Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:
> > The testsuite of 8.3 beta 2 fails on the Alpha architecture (versions
> > up to 8.2 worked fine).
>
> We redid some of the float error handling for 8.3, in hopes of getting
> closer to the IEEE standard behavior for NaNs and infinities and so on.
> I guess that isn't working on your Alpha.  I have a vague recollection
> that Alphas use non-IEEE floats so maybe this is not too surprising.
>
> Can you grant one of us access to the machine to work on it?

I don't own any alpha machine, but maybe Frank, Steven, or anyone from
the Debian alpha porter list can create a temporary account for you?

> Or poke into it yourself?

There is no developer accessible alpha porter box for Debian
unfortunately. :(

Thank you,

Martin

--