Re: BUG #3717: libpq needs .so version raised to 6

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #3717: libpq needs .so version raised to 6
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Radim Kolar" <kolar.radim@gmail.com> writes:
> > both libpq from pgsql 8.2 and 8.3 are using same version
> > of .so 5. But libpq from 8.3 have new function PQconnectionUsedPassword. .so
> > version of 8.3 libpq needs to be raised to 6
>
> This is not a bug.  Major version bumps in sonames are for incompatible
> changes, not for additions of new entry points.

Yep, see the middle of this file for details on when we bump major
versions:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES?rev=1.79;content-type=text%2Fplain

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: could not open relation
От: Martin Pitt
Сообщение: Test suite fails on alpha architecture